Adult Health Nursing II
Ticket to Entry
1) Describe the pathophysiology of Cerebrovascular Accident (CVA). What are the signs and symptoms?
2) List possible risk factors for CVA.
3) What are the appropriate nursing interventions for a patient with a CVA?
4) Describe the National Institutes of Health Stroke Scale (NIHSS).
5) Which nursing assessments are most important to perform to evaluate potential symptoms of a stroke?
6) Research the possible medications for CVA. What are some special considerations for these medications, if any?
7) Research the pharmacology of Labetalol. What would be the indicated use of this medication for a stroke patient?
8) Discuss the collaborative management of CVA.