Assessments provide feedback
Assessments provide feedback on student knowledge, performance, and needs. They also inform the instructor on whether learning outcomes are being met. It is important for the nurse educator to consider that there is a variety of ways in which student learning can be evaluated. Student learning should be assessed throughout the learning process and at the end of learning. Instructors must determine what evidence indicates that learning has occurred. The purpose of this assignment is to choose assessment strategies based on evidence-based practices.
Prepare a PowerPoint presentation (10-15 slides) reflecting on five assessment strategies. Each slide should include speaker notes. In your PowerPoint presentation, address the following for each strategy:
- Provide a detailed description of each strategy.
- Explain the purpose of each strategy.
- List two advantages and two disadvantages of each strategy.
- Explain how the assessment strategy would vary in different settings. Include two examples of different settings and explain how you would change the assessment based on the setting.
- Include evidence-based sources for each strategy.
Refer to the resource, “Creating Effective PowerPoint Presentations,” located in the Student Success Center, for additional guidance on completing this assignment in the appropriate style.
While APA style is not required for the body of this assignment, solid academic writing is expected, and documentation of sources should be presented using APA formatting guidelines, which can be found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center.
This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.