A faith-based organization (FBO) is an organization that has a faith or religious component as its foundation and motivation for its work. The purpose of this assignment is to assess a faith-based organization and understand how it is unique. Faith-based organizations play an important role in global health given their holistic approach to serving the whole person and community, especially among vulnerable groups. Identify an example of a faith-based global health organization or ministry. Research the institution by reviewing annual reports, websites, papers, program documents, or conducting in-person or phone interviews. The organization should be at least five years old, work in multiple countries, and have an explicit faith-based foundation. Write a 1,000-1,250-word case study on the selected organization in which you assess the following aspects of the organization:
Assess how the mission of the organization aligns with its strategies and work:
- How does the mission of the organization match its strategies and activities in
serving vulnerable or low-income populations?
- How does the organization integrate faith into its public health activities and
programs? Comment on how the organization balances its mission to share its
faith with its goal to improve health.
- Are the values of the organization unique compared to other global health organizations?
Assess the populations served by the organization or ministry:
- How does the organization or ministry identify a population or individuals to
- Does the organization have specific eligibility criteria?
Review a funding report for the organization. Assess the funding mechanism of the organization:
- What are the primary sources of support for the organization?
- Do the local populations being served by the organization help support the
organization (time, talents, or treasure)?
Assess the partnerships of the organization within public health to develop innovative and appropriate public health models:
- List the organizations that the selected faith-based organization partners with.
- How does the organization work or partner with other organizations, churches, or groups in the communities where the organization works? Is this effective in promoting health and environmental stewardship and reducing poverty?
- Does the organization partner with governmental public health agencies?
- How could the organization improve the effectiveness of its “aid” and support in the communities within which it works?
Prepare this assignment according to the guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center. An abstract is not required.
This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
You are required to submit this assignment to LopesWrite. A link to the LopesWrite technical support articles is located in Class Resources if you need assistance.
This benchmark assignment assesses the following programmatic competencies:
MA of Public Health
1.3 Analyze the interrelationships between evangelization and ministry efforts and local public health initiatives within faith-based organizations in global settings.
1.5 Evaluate the effectiveness of aid, innovative public health models, and private-public partnerships in promoting health and environmental stewardship and reducing poverty in international environments.
MSN Public Health Nursing
6.5 Evaluate the effectiveness of aid, innovative public health models, and private-public partnerships in promoting health and environmental stewardship and reducing poverty in international environments.
Attempt Start Date: 19-Aug-2021 at 12:00:00 AM
Maximum Points: 250.0