When considering public health and health care systems and the services they provide, it is important to think about how these systems and services are integrated. Systems thinking tools are helpful to consider the various links, feedback loops, and decision points within a system to identify opportunities for improvement and increase efficiency.
For this assignment, select a low- or middle-income country of interest and assess its health system. In a 1,000-1,250-word paper, address the following:
- Apply a systems thinking tool, such as a causal diagram or process map, to identify opportunities for how gaps in public health services can be bridged through a strong health system.
- Describe the major components of the health system.
- Discuss core services the health system provides and who manages them (government, private sector, a mix of both, etc.).
- Discuss who is responsible for paying for those services or who funds the provided services.
- Conclude by explaining how the selected systems thinking tool can be applied to better address an infectious disease in the selected country.
Prepare this assignment according to the guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center.
This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
You are required to submit this assignment to LopesWrite. A link to the LopesWrite technical support articles is located in Class Resources if you need assistance.
This benchmark assignment assesses the following programmatic competencies:
MA Public Health
3.6: Apply systems thinking tools to a public health issue.