Birth Control and Pregnancy
1.If you have a need for contraception, which of the following methods would you be most likely to consider? Select up to five and list the advantages and disadvantages of each:
Abstinence; cervical cap; coitus interruptus; condom (female); condom (male); Depo-Provera; diaphragm; fertility awareness; IUD; oral contraceptive pills; Ortho Evra patch; sterilization (female); sterilization (male); vaginal foam, film, cream, jelly, or suppository; vaginal ring; vaginal sponge.
2.You think you may be pregnant and you want to obtain confirmation of your condition. Which of the following action(s) would you take?
• Ask a friend or parent what to do
• Purchase a self-diagnostic pregnancy test kit
• Consult a pharmacist
• Read a self-help book
• Use the Internet (what type of sites?)
• Immediately consult a physician
• Contact Planned Parenthood • Other (specify): _________ _