- Project rollout begins after a project has been implemented, tested, and judged stable and functional enough to be moved into production. The project rollout process comprises of specific steps that must be scheduled carefully to enable the project to hit production deadlines and meet business expectations.For this assignment you will create an implementation project plan that outlines the steps involved in implementing your project. This document is sometimes called a work-back schedule because you begin with the date that your project needs to go live, and then work back from there to determine what needs to be done when.You will also conduct a post-mortem on the work you have submitted to date. Post-mortem (from the Latin for “after death,”), when referred to it in a business context is the analysis of a project’s process and results conducted by key project stakeholders after the project has been moved into production, which means it’s functionally complete. The goal of a post-mortem is to identify what went right and what went wrong post-implementation so that project managers can apply these lessons learned to future projects.
For this assignment, you will need to do three things:
- Complete a work-back schedule that presents the steps involved in implementing your project.
- Conduct a post-mortem on the work you have submitted to date in this course.
- Update your project documents based on the results of your post-mortem.
- Review Attachment 1 and 2
Create a project implementation plan for your project based on the example Microsoft® Word document.Revise the project documents you have submitted so far in the course based on your completed post-mortem.Submit your project implementation plan, post-mortem, and updated project documents (i.e., your second draft (or third draft if needed) of your Project Plan (originally your Week 2 Individual assignment), your Week 3 Supporting Research Report if you made any further changes to it, and your Week 4 Individual Assignment deliverables if you made any further changes to them.) Please note that I will review the Feedback I made to your previous deliverables and expect to see updates based on the Feedback I provided.
Please note that I do not consider simply parroting back material from another source to be sufficient – you will need to provide your material in your own words and discuss or describe how any external material you provide relates to the scenario. Also, please make sure you properly paraphrase, quote, reference and cite any material you are discussing.