Core Values Essay
The readings and learning activities for this week have focused on core values, their origins, and the role that they play in our society and in our professional and personal lives. For this essay, you will reflect on the readings and the class discussions on core values.
- In this essay you will identify and explain 3-5 of your core values.
- You will also discuss the origins of these core values.
- Include an introductory paragraph, where you grab the reader’s attention, provide a transitional statement, give a clear thesis statement, and map out the 3-5 key points that will support your thesis. (review elements of an introduction)
- Include 3-5 body paragraphs where you include details and examples to help you develop and support your key points. (review body paragraph structure)
- End your essay with a concluding paragraph where you restate your thesis, summarize your key points, and leave the reader with the “so what?” (review successful concluding paragraphs)
Grammar and Mechanics
- Your paper should be written according to the standards for academic writing, with attention to the following:
- punctuation: this includes things such as recommended use of commas, colons, and apostrophes.
- word-level accuracy: this includes things such as capitalization, spelling, word-tense, and usage.
- sentence-level accuracy: this includes things such as sentence boundaries, subject-verb agreement, and pronoun-antecedent agreement.
- Take time to proofread after you’ve written your essay. Think about the kinds of writing mistakes you tend to make (like using “text-speak” or sentence fragments) and watch out for those. Reading your paper aloud is a good way to catch any mistakes.
Sources and Documentation
You are not required to use sources for this assignment.
Format and Length
- Your paper should include a header consisting of your name and the assignment name and a title that reflects your specific essay focus. (See example below.)
- Your paper should be typed, double-spaced and in 11 or 12-point font.
- Your final product should be a minimum of five paragraphs (about 700-1000 words) in length. However, the quality of the content of this essay is most important. Be sure to fully answer the prompt.