Week 7: Topic: Your personal theoretical approach.
Discussion Board Forum #4
This discussion board should be a collaborative learning experiences. Therefore, the student is required to create a thread in response to the below and should also respond to a peer. For this Discussion Board Forum, you will create a thread of 1000 (minimum) 1500 (maximum) words. Each post should be organized exactly like the outline above and should be in paragraph form using complete sentences and APA style formatting.
What theories (no more than 2) best fit your own values and beliefs about human nature, change?
- How does your background influence your theoretical preference (may include the following in your response: your parents’ parenting styles, past and present relationships, early experiences, environmental factors, and religious beliefs, etc.).
- How would you go about establishing a positive therapeutic relationship?
- How would you go about assessing client needs and therapeutic progress?
- How would you go about establishing goals in relation to wellness and prevention?
- What professional ethical principles need to be considered
- Discuss how your personal theoretical orientation blends with your Christian values and how you might integrate Biblical principles as a counselor
Your response must be supported with a minimum of 3 scholarly (peer-reviewed) source cited in the current APA format. The scholarly sources used for your thread should be in addition to the Murdock textbook.
The purpose of this discussion board is to aid you in developing your own evolving personal counseling style and theoretical orientation based on what you’ve learned from this course.
In addition to the thread, the student is required to reply to 1 other classmate’s threads. Each reply must be 150–200 words with a minimum of 1 scholarly source.
Submit your initial Discussion Board Forum thread by 11:59 p.m. (ET) on Thursday of the assigned module/week. Submit your reply by 11:59 p.m. (ET) on Sunday of the same module/week.