You are a middle school counselor in a public school setting. Susan is a 15-year-old at your school, and she has come to you describing her plan to commit suicide. She tells you but explains that you cannot tell anybody because, if her parents find out, she will be abused. She says she wants to commit suicide because she is being bullied by other girls at the school for being a lesbian.
- What ethical, legal, and professional issues are involved in Susan’s case?
- Compare and contrast the ACA, ASCA, and AACA ethical codes, identifying the differences and similarities. Then, identify those that you are applying to Susan’s case.
- identify the legal issues involved in Susan’s case.
- identify other professional, spiritual, and cultural issues that need to be addressed in Susan’s case.
- Specifically describe the actions that you would take to address all the issues that need to be addressed in order to help Susan, describe how you might integrate biblical principles related to this case and in this secular setting, and describe the impact of your own religious beliefs and values.