Annotated Bibliography Assignment Instructions
An annotated bibliography is a list of sources that includes current APA-formatted references to the peer-reviewed articles that you have compiled for a research assignment (all articles must be found through the Jerry Falwell Library or Google Scholar). A brief description, summary, and evaluation of the source must follow each reference. The purpose of an annotated bibliography is to provide the content, relevance, and quality of the sources. Each annotation must be less than 1 page.
You will provide an Annotated Bibliography of five peer-reviewed references that are relevant to your Research Proposal Paper Assignment. At least 2 of the 5 articles must have been published in the past 5 years; all articles must not be older than 10 years.
This assignment must be in current APA format with a title page, abstract, and references. Each reference must include a summary, analysis, and reflection. Do not include books, book reviews, dissertations, websites, blogs, etc.
You must include the following for each reference in your annotated bibliography:
- A brief description and summary of the article: Include the population, sampling method, at least one assessment instrument used, research question (at least 1), and research design. (For example: Harrichand and Knight used a convenience sample of graduate students, they surveyed the students using the Trait Emotional Intelligence Questionnaire Short Form (TEIQue-SF) and the Counselor Burnout Inventory (CBI), and their research design was correlational.)
- An evaluation of the source in light of your topic: Indicate how the information is relevant to your research. (For example: This research illustrates that as trait-based emotional intelligence increases, counselor burnout decreases; this helps to make a case for the development of an emotional intelligence training program).
- Answers to the following key prompts:
- Who is the author and how are they qualified (for first credited author only)? (For example: Dr. Stacey Lilley is a licensed professional counselor and Director of the Clinical Mental Health Counseling program at Liberty University; she is an Assistant Professor of Counseling and sees clients at Piedmont Psychiatric.)
- Critique at least 1 assessment used: How is the assessment psychometrically sound? Make sure to highlight the details of the properties. (For example: The TEIQue-SF was used and the reliability was established via the test-retest procedure and was R=.89 which is considered…)
- Include a brief discussion of implications: Discussion in terms of how this article is relevant to establishing a need for your emerging research question/research study. (For example: Harrichand, Knight & Captari (2017) indicate that emotional intelligence trainings should be developed and assessed to see if participation can help increase Emotional intelligence (EI) and decrease counselor burnout. Thus my research question is examining whether counseling students EI increases after participation…)
The Liberty University Online Writing Center is available for your writing assistance.
Submit this assignment by 11:59 p.m. (ET) on Sunday of Module/Week 3.