Introduction includes the:
· Purpose of the presentation
· Age group
· Cultural focus
Current Menu Analysis
Analyze menus based on the following criteria & Provide rationales for your analysis.
· Healthy/unhealthy menu selections
· Appropriate for nutritional requirements of age group
· Influence of cultural and regional food practices
· Does the menu selected provide adequate amounts of protein, fats, carbohydrates, vitamins, and minerals?
· Over the course of a Lunch menu (Group Cronometer Report), are individuals provided with a balanced diet?
· Does this diet allow for differences in dietary patterns related to the culture or age group selected?
Create Sample Menu
Create a replacement menu providing healthier choices for each menu analyzed including the following:
· Age considerations
· Potential health concerns
· Cultural influences
· Regional patterns
· Nutritional components of your food choices
· Include two references that support your choices on the slides.