Deaf Culture Assignment
Your assignment is to create a PowerPoint titled “What nurses need to know about deaf culture in Minnesota.” You will be watching the movie “Sound and Fury” in class as part of our cultural awareness of the deaf community. Here is the link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XhceEJ1R_vY
1) You are to use the movie, “Sound and Fury” as well as other online resources provided on Blackboard to address this content.
2) You are to create a basic PowerPoint that includes your “spoken portion” in the notes section of each slide.
3) There must be at least 10 slides and 4 references included in the PowerPoint and appropriate citations throughout as required. You can use all websites as references for this project if you choose but be sure to use credible websites and to cite them correctly on your slides. Please note that Wikipedia is not a valid reference for any project. Please feel free to use the Student Resources Center for other credible references:
4) You need to include proper use of APA, correct grammar and punctuation, along with any references if you used any to complete this assignment.
5) You will find that the MN Department of Human Services and the National Institute of Deafness and Communications Disorders will lead you to several other resources along the way. Explore these as they will help you to better grasp what is available to individuals in the U.S. and state of MN.