Purpose: Summarize and appraise an article (Diet for hypertension) for bias and validity in a collaborative environment.
All answers should be done under each question segment.
Instructions: Carefully read, summarize, and appraise your group’s assigned article (DIET FOR HYPERTENSION). Be sure to state a rationale for your claims.
1. Identify and discuss the broader importance of the topic of the study as it applies to patients and organizations. (Importance of the topic: An outside source that explains why we care about these particular outcomes. INCLUDE A LINK TO YOUR SOURCE!!!)
2. Discuss the nursing implications of the findings of the research. Consider the following questions:
· Were the results statistically significant, if reported? (Statistical significance: Are the results reported w/ p-values? Can we be sure that statistical signficance (therefore, generalization to the population) can be accomplished?
· What is the clinical significance of the findings? (Clinical significance: the impact on patient outcomes. Was the mean difference pre-post or between experimental and control groups large enough for us to say this intervention really made a difference?
· What are the risks vs. benefits to practice of the findings? (Risk vs. benefits: What are the benefits to patients of the intervention? Think about potential risks…this is really a critical thinking exercise here, as most nursing interventions do not have a lot of risk associated with them).
· Are the findings feasible to implement? (Feasibility: Ease of implementation, costs of implementation, etc).
All documents needed have been attached and do not forget to attach the PDF of the outside source you used