This exercise will give you experience in developing an IFE Matrix and using Financial Ratios. Identifying and prioritizing factors to include in an IFE Matrix fosters communication among functional and divisional managers. Preparing an IFE Matrix allows managers to articulate their concerns and thoughts regarding the business condition of the firm. This results in an improved collective understanding of the business.
- Prepare IFE and Financial Ratios for the Coca-Cola Company. For the Financial Ratios make sure to use the Coca-Cola revenue statement and balance sheet. There are additional resources found in Table 4-8, find as many Coca-Cola financial ratios as possible. Record your sources.
- What strategies do you think would allow Coca-Cola to capitalize on its major strengths?
- What strategies would allow Coca-Cola to improve on its major weaknesses?
What to Post?
- Post your analysis and conclusions in narrative form to this Discussion Board no later than Thursday 11:59 PM EST/EDT.
- Make sure to include key data from your exercises.
- Before you post, review the Discussion Guidelines provided in your Start Here module.
- Find at least two students whose conclusions bring new levels of understanding to your view on Coca-Cola’s internal performance or conclusions.
- Discuss any major differences where you might disagree.
- Post a response to two students including an explanation of the value of their contribution to your understanding or where you would “respectfully” disagree no later than Sunday 11:59 PM EST/EDT.
If you are posting your initial response, select the Start a New Thread button.
If you are responding, select the Reply to Thread button for the thread you wish to respond to.