Comparing what is planned versus what you recommend is an important part of the case analysis. Do not recommend what the firm actually plans, unless in-depth analysis of the situation reveals those strategies to be best among all feasible alternatives. This exercise gives you experience conducting research to determine what a firm is doing now as well as what they should do in the next fiscal year.
Complete the Strategies in Action; Assurance of Learning Exercise 5B of your text.
- Step 1: Go to the Coca-Cola corporate website and click on Press Center. Read through the most recent ten press releases.
- Step 2: Determine two strategies that Coca-Cola is actually pursuing. Give some pros and cons of those two strategies in light of the guidelines presented in Chapter 5.
- Step 3: Determine two strategies that Coca-Cola is not pursuing. Give some pros and cons of those two strategies in light of the guidelines presented in Chapter 5.
What to Post?
- Post your results to this Discussion Board no later than Thursday 11:59 PM EST/EDT.
- Before you post, review the Discussion Guidelines provided in your Start Here module.
- Review your classmates’ answers and find two that differ from yours on any of the company strategies.
- Post a response to those classmates as to why their or your answer is more accurate or may need to be reconsidered.
- Post your results no later than Sunday 11:59 PM EST/EDT.
If you are posting your initial response, select the Start a New Thread button.
If you are responding, select the Reply to Thread button for the thread you wish to respond to