You’ve definitely made a positive impact during the last few weeks as the VP of Talent Development at SLUHE, Inc. The CEO has a new request for you. Several of the top level executives will be retiring over the next few years. She has asked you to hold a meeting with the Board of Directors to discuss preliminary ideas for an executive development program for the organization.
- Describe what questions you would ask of the CEO and Board of Directors to better understand what will be required of the new program.
- Since you are a relatively new employee, it is acceptable to ask even basic questions about the nature of the organization, as long as they will help you create a better development program.
- Describe what high level recommendations you would make to the Board.
Post your initial response to the discussion question no later than Thursday 11:59 PM EST/EDT.
Respond to at least two of your classmates’ responses by 11:59 PM EST/EDT Sunday.
- What questions did your peers suggest that you did not? How do you think these questions are appropriate and useful?
- Where did you and your peers differ in your recommendations to the Board?