This discussion centers on the presentation “Career Counseling – Skills for Guided Discovery and Career Assessment.” In addition to foundational counseling skills, this presentation demonstrates 5 common interventions used in career counseling including:
- Assessment of the client’s personal and professional background
- Assessment of the client’s decision-making skills
- Assessment of the client’s social roles and life experiences
- Use of career visualization activities
- Use of career assessment inventories
After viewing the presentation, choose 1 question below to answer in this Discussion Board Forum.
- What are some of the basic counseling skills that you learned in COUN 505 that you see applied in this video? Give specific examples.
- How might understanding the client’s past decision making experiences inform your work as a career counselor? Why?
- What are some potential next directions that a counselor might consider when working with a client similar to Erika? What is the rational for the direction you are considering?
Submit your thread by 11:59 p.m. (ET) on Thursday and your reply by 11:59 p.m. (ET) on Sunday.