Propose an evidence-based solution aligned with an evidence-based practice question.
Student Success Criteria
View the grading rubric for this deliverable by selecting the “This item is graded with a rubric” link, which is located in the Details & Information pane.
You are practicing on an acute care unit in a local hospital. During your recent shifts, you identified a practice problem that you would like to see changed. After discussing the issue with your direct supervisor and the Director of Nursing, they have asked that you research the current literature and propose an evidence-based practice solution to the identified practice problem.
From your work or clinical experience, identify a potential practice problem and formulate an evidence-based practice question. Prepare a proposal for an evidence-based practice solution that includes the following.
- Describe a potential practice problem
- Formulate an evidence-based practice question
- Locate and review two current, peer-reviewed, research articles that address the identified clinical problem
- Appraise research findings
- Propose an evidence-based practice solution