“Future of Nursing
The IOM published report, “Future of Nursing: Leading Change, Advancing Health,” makes recommendations for lifelong learning and achieving higher levels of education.
In 1,000-1,250 words, examine the importance of nursing education and discuss your overall educational goals.
Include the following:
- Discuss your options in the job market based on your educational level.
- Review the IOM Future of Nursing Recommendations for achieving higher levels of education. Describe what professional certification and advanced degrees (MSN, DNP, etc.) you want to pursue and explain your reasons for wanting to attain the education. Discuss your timeline for accomplishing these goals.
- Discuss how increasing your level of education would affect how your competitiveness in the current job market and your role in the future of nursing.
- Discuss the relationship of continuing nursing education to competency, attitudes, knowledge, and the ANA Scope and Standards for Practice and Code of Ethics.
- Discuss whether continuing nursing education should be mandatory. Provide support for your response.
You are required to cite to a minimum of three sources to complete this assignment. Sources must be published within the last 5 years and appropriate for the assignment criteria and relevant to nursing practice.
Prepare this assignment according to the guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center. An abstract is not required.
This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
You are required to submit this assignment to LopesWrite. Refer to the LopesWrite Technical Support articles for assistance.
Refer to “The Future of Nursing: Leading Change, Advancing Health,” located on the National Academies of Sciences Engineering Medicine website, as needed to complete your assignment.
PLEASE FOLLOW RUBRICS, I WILL LIKE TO GET MY MNS THEN GET MY DNP IN NURSING
Options in the job market based on educational level are thoroughly discussed. All options listed are realistic for educational level. The response demonstrates an awareness of job options based on educational level.
Goals and timeline for professional certification and advanced degrees are thoroughly described. Clear and compelling reasons for wanting to attain the education are discussed.
A well-developed discussion of how increasing level of education would affect competitiveness in current job market and personal role in the future of nursing is presented. The claims are substantiated and realistic for the current job market.
A well-supported discussion clearly establishing the relationship of continuing education in nursing to competency, attitudes, knowledge, and the ANA Scope and Standards for Practice and Code of Ethics is presented. The discussion demonstrates insight into the importance of education to the nursing profession.
A well-developed discussion of whether continuing nursing education should be mandatory is presented. Compelling rationale and evidence-based support for the argument is provided.
T hesis is comprehensive and contains the essence of the paper. Thesis statement makes the purpose of the paper clear.
Clear and convincing argument presents a persuasive claim in a distinctive and compelling manner. All sources are authoritative.
Writer is clearly in command of standard, written, academic English.
All format elements are correct.
Sources are completely and correctly documented, as appropriate to assignment and style, and format is free of error.