HCA402—Module #2: Written Assignment #2
HCA402—Module #2: Written Assignment #2:
Please see the grading rubric in the syllabus for specific requirements. In general, topics
responses should be in the form of a short application paper, 2-3 pages in length in APA
formatting, not including the required cover page and page for your reference list used to write
about your chosen topics. In your paper: 1) introduce your topics, 2) discuss your topics, and
then 3) make a conclusion about your topics.
Pick one (1) item from each of the (3) topic areas that interest you the most. Use the topic
heading as a subtitle in your paper:
TOPIC 1: Disease transmission and causation.
1. Explain the differences between communicable and noncommunicable diseases.
2. Explain the difference between isolation and quarantine.
3. Explain the difference between acute and chronic diseases, and provide at least two
examples of each.
4. Describe and provide at least two examples of direct transmission of communicable
5. Identify each “link” in the chain of infection and explain their relationship.
6. Explain the multicausation disease model.
TOPIC 2: Community health programs and prevention.
1. List and explain the three ways communities can prioritize prevention and control efforts.
2. Research three real-life community health programs in your community and describe
3. Describe the difference between prevention and intervention, and tell which is more
4. Provide at least three examples each of how communities can prevent communicable
diseases and how individuals can prevent communicable diseases.
5. Explain how communities and healthcare providers work together in disease prevention
and population health.
6. Determine and share why it is important that public health officials, medical providers,
and communities (the lay population and officials) must work together in order to achieve
quality in individual health and improvements in quality of life.
TOPIC 3: Risk factors and health program planning.
1. Explain the difference between modifiable and unmodifiable risk factors to improve
2. Explain the general foundation of the social ecological approach to behavior change.
3. Explain the difference between health education and health promotion.
4. List and explain in order, the steps involved in assessing the needs of the priority
5. List and explain, in order, the generalized steps for program planning.
6. List and explain, in order, the steps involved in program evaluation.