Health care is a continually evolving field driven by various changes. Nurse educators need an understanding of changes in health care and the driving forces behind them in order to create a relevant and contemporary curriculum. The purpose of this assignment is to describe the role of the nurse educator and to identify internal and external influences on curriculum development and how those changes influence the role of the nurse educator.
In a 1,250 word essay, describe various aspects of the role of a nurse educator and the internal and external influences driving curriculum development. Include the following in your essay:
- Summarize the role of a nurse educator in curriculum development according to the National League for Nursing Nurse Educator Competencies.
- Explain how the nurse educator role changes in different settings (e.g., classroom, clinical, bedside, or simulation).
- Explain how nursing education theories influence the nurse educator role. Provide specific examples.
- Explain what curriculum is and summarize the curriculum design process.
- Identify three internal and three external influences on curriculum development. Describe how they play a role in curriculum development.
This assignment requires 4-6 cited sources.
Prepare this assignment according to the guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center. An abstract is not required.
This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
You are required to submit this assignment to LopesWrite. Refer to the LopesWrite Technical Support articles for assistance.