Your presentation should be at least 15–20 slides, not including your cover slide or reference slides. Your reference slides should cite at least seven references. Your presentation should, at the minimum, include the following topics regarding your chosen vulnerable population and related health education program/plan:
- Clearly states population chosen
- Describes the vulnerable population
- States the current population demographics
- Discusses background of the problem, and its effect on public health
- Discusses the cultural background of the selected population and any relevant history pertaining to the population
- Discusses the psychosocial concerns and/or norms of the population
- Discusses the economic concerns of the population including, but not limited to, income levels, educational levels and occupation
- Discusses specific health concerns of the population
- Information on specific risk factors for target population is presented concisely and accurately
- Discusses prevention and control of health concerns and risk factors (primary, secondary and tertiary)
- Discusses the role of the public health nurse in caring for vulnerable populations
- States the core functions of public health and applies it to the care of the specific population
- Three local agencies/facilities delivering services to the target population are identified and accessibility and service rendered are fully described
- Additional resources needed in the community are identified.
- Information discussed is current, within the last 5 years.