Proposal to Add Telehealth
Explore the broad scope of IT uses for a health care provider to promote access to care, reduce costs, and improve outcomes of care. Develop a PowerPoint proposal to recommend the implementation of a telehealth program to improve the organization’s outreach and add value to their services. Use the resources available in this course to help with strategic planning, budgeting, and systems implementation.
Create a PowerPoint Presentation (8–10 slides), with speaker notes, in which you address the following:
- What is telehealth?
- Describe the various types and uses of telehealth.
- Select a type of telehealth outreach to recommend for development to your provider.
- How can your health care provider use a telehealth system? (Examples of uses include: reaching remote locations—rural, international consulting; reduce/prevent rehospitalizations by increasing the number of patient contacts and triaging patients; urgent care center visits; physician practices with virtual visits, etc.)
- Explain the benefits of the telehealth system that you select and the type of outreach it will offer, including the pros and cons.
- Develop a general budget (include three line items: system software cost, implementation cost, and training costs) for the system.
- How much will it cost to implement, train staff, and maintain the system? Justify your estimation.
- Develop a cost/benefit analysis.
- How can you justify spending on this telehealth system?
- How will telehealth save money, improve access, or improve quality for your health care provider and/or the patients who use it?
- Find another health care provider that has successfully implemented a telehealth system.
- What can you learn from their implementation or use that can help with implementing your system?
- Make a recommendation specific to your provider and provide an overview of the implementation plan/approach, based on your facility size, staff, services offered, and needs.
- Use the Strayer Library to find at least three academic resources. Note: Wikipedia and similar Websites are not considered quality references.
This course requires the use of Strayer Writing Standards. For assistance and information, please refer to the Strayer Writing Standards link in the left-hand menu of your course. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
The specific course learning outcome associated with this assignment is:
- Recommend a telehealth outreach solution for a provider that includes a cost/benefit rationale, a general budget, and an implementation plan.