Explore the influence of Jean Watson’s Theory of Human Caring on your future role as an APN. The student will explore the concepts and caritas processes from the Theory of Human Caring and present how these concepts may impact their future APN role.
- The student will create a PowerPoint and include speaker notes that may be added to the speaker note section on each slide. https://www.watsoncaringscience.org/jean-bio/caring-science-theory/
- The presentation should be limited to no more than 10 slides.
- If you are unfamiliar with Dr. Watson’s theory see this overview.
A suggested outline for the presentation may include the following slides:
Slide 1 – Introduction to yourself and future planned APN role and practice
Slide 2 – Previous experience with Watson’s Theory of Human Caring
Slide 3 – Core Concepts of the Theory Applicable to the APN role
Slide 4 – Core Concepts of the Theory Applicable to the APN role (as needed)
Slide 5 – Five Carative Factors or Caritas Processes You Plan to Use in the APN Role
Slide 6 – Five Carative Factors or Caritas Processes You Plan to Use in the APN Role (as needed)
Slide 7 – What Does the Theory of Human Caring Mean to You
Slide 8 – APN Implications of Theory of Human Caring
Slide 9 – Summary/Main Points
Slide 10 – Reference
- Format: PPT Presentation with Speaker Notes
- Length: 10 Slides, maximum