Problem: You want to build a hardware device to do block encryption in the cipher block chaining (CBC) mode using an algorithm stronger than DES. 3DES is a good candidate. Figure 7.17 (Attached the image of diag)shows two possibilities, both of which follow from the definition of CBC. Which of the two would you choose and why:
- For security?
- For performance?
You must fully explain your justification and reasoning.
- 2-3 pages of content minimum (does not include cover, abstract or references pages)
- Paper must conform to full APA guidelines to include a cover page, abstract, headers, introduction, body paragraphs with appropriate headings/subheadings, conclusion, and a reference page.
- All sources must be cited and references. Remember, unless the statement is common knowledge, you must cite and reference your sources.
- You must use at least one peer-reviewed source
- Ensure you follow academic integrity policies