Identify your own level of preparedness should disaster strike in your area. Visit the Red Cross site: http://www.redcross.org/get-help/prepare-for-emergencies/be-red-cross-ready to review details on disaster preparedness kit, plan and information. Discuss your response to this information. Were you surprised at your level of readiness? What steps will you take to prepare yourself and your family for the possibility of disaster? How can you share this information with your community?
Your initial posting should be at least 400 words in length and utilize at least one scholarly source other than the textbook.
2. Read the required chapter(s) of the textbook and any additional recommended resources. Some answers may require you to do additional research on the Internet or in other reference sources. Choose your sources carefully.
3. Consider the discussions and the any insights gained from it.
4. Create your Assignment submission and be sure to cite your sources, use APA style as required, check your spelling.
· Create a PowerPoint with the intended audience to be a community health department.
· Focus on a real or fictional disaster that has or could affect your area. For example, if you live on the Florida coast you might choose potential hurricane.
· Discuss the role of the Community Health Nurse in each stage of disaster. You should include a few slides on each stage of disaster: preparedness, response, recovery with specific activities and resources that the public health nurse would use in each stage.
· Identify other agencies that might be involved.
The assignment should be submitted in PowerPoint format, with at least 10 content slides (in addition to a title slide and reference slide) and include at least two scholarly sources other than provided materials.