For this assignment, you will be asked to provide five bullet points related to each of the guidelines listed. It is recommended that you utilize the United States Preventive Services Task Force Guidelines, SAMHSA, JNC, CDC, and other specialty organizations’ guidelines, as applicable.
Guidelines to be covered include the following:
1. Lung Cancer
2. Prostate Cancer
3. Adult Immunizations
4. Breast Cancer
5. Human Papillomavirus
6. Cardiovascular Disorders
8. Intimate Partner Violence
9. Hepatitis B
10. Sexually Transmitted Infections (for example, Gonorrhea, Chlamydia, HIV, Syphilis)
11. Colorectal Cancer
12. Testicular Cancer
13. Pediatric Immunizations
14. Cervical Cancer
15. Fall Prevention
19. Hepatitis C
Below you will find an example of what you will need to do for this assignment. The point is to be brief and direct, no more than a sentence or two for each bullet! With this said, I do ask that you are brief and to the point. Please review the example as follows:
Please list five bullet points related to Skin Cancer Preventive Guideline. Use information learned from the United States Preventive Service Task Force website along with other specialty-specific organizational guidelines as applicable.
– Skin cancer occurs more commonly in men than women, those who are fair skinned, use indoor tanning beds, and have a hx of sunburns or previous skin cancer, OR Risk: men > women; fair skinned, use of tanning beds, hx of sunburns or previous skin cancer.
– The appropriate screening test is the clinical visual skin exam using the “ABCDE rule” OR Use ABCDE screening test.
– The ABCDE rule consists of looking for the following characteristics: asymmetry, border irregularity, non-uniform color, diameter > 6mm, and evolving over time, OR Look for ABCDE = asymmetry, border irregularity, non-uniform color, diameter > 6mm, and evolving over time.
– Treatment and intervention – generally would be excision/biopsy; referral to dermatology, OR TX: excision/biopsy, referral to dermatology.
– Children, adolescents, and young adults age 10–24 years who have fair skin should be counseled about minimizing exposure to UV radiation to reduce their risk of developing skin cancer, OR Counsel people 10–24 years of age with fair skin to avoid UV radiation exposure to decrease risk.
Note: My background for you to have as a reference: I am currently enrolled in the Psych Mental Health Nurse Practitioner Program, I am a Registered Nurse. I work in a Psychiatric Hospital.