https://essaysglobe.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/06/logo-EG.png 0 0 Davis https://essaysglobe.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/06/logo-EG.png Davis2022-03-08 22:09:562022-03-08 22:09:56MBA 540 Final Exam
MBA 540 Final Exam
- (10 pts.) Discuss how organizational architecture and corporate culture are related. Use an example of a real-life firm and discuss how its corporate culture blends with its organizational architecture.
- (10 pts.) Kyle Thompson is in charge of all technical developments at Ruth’s Italian Ice. He makes all the choices concerning product innovations in the company. He finds that he is overworked and that several of his research scientists seem to be spending work hours playing golf. What is going on?
- (10 pts.) Many companies try to base promotions on seniority (where education and training requirements are not necessary). Often companies will find that this system seems to work most of the time with lower level positions, like team managers. However, the system regularly breaks down for higher-level positions. Why?
- (10 pts.) Economists believe the free rider problem is very important in complex business organizational structures. Still, businesses continue to build teams to solve problems or to deliver products to consumers. Often special rewards or bonuses are provided to the team rather than to the individuals on the team. Write a brief essay that either defends the economists’ concern or explain why economists are wrong on this issue.
- (10 pts.) Many firms today use 360-degree performance evaluations. Make a case for this type of evaluation based on the informativeness principle. What problems may be encountered from implementation of such a system?
- (10 pts.) Reflecting on what you have learned in this course, discuss the relevance of Responsible Stewardship in the context of economic analysis and organizational architecture.