Your team has been contracted by an organization in need of an Incident Response Plan. Utilizing the NIST SP 800-61 Revision 2 (CSRC.NIST (Links to an external site.)), create a eight page plan that addresses all potential issues that the organization may face in the event of a natural disaster or malicious attack. This plan will be used throughout the remainder of the quarter.
Choose an organization (real or ficticous) to create this plan for. The incident response plan should include the following elements:
- Mission Statement
- Strategies and goals
- Senior management approval
- Organizational approach to incident response
- How the incident response team will communicate with the rest of the organization and with other organizations
- Metrics for measuring the incident response capability and its effectiveness
- Roadmap for maturing the incident response capability
- How the program fits into the overall organization.