Please note that every assignment in every module of this course will involve your chosen topic for your presentation project and your target audience.
Remember to submit your work following the file naming convention FirstInitial.LastName_M01.docx. For example, J.Smith_M01.docx. Remember that it is not necessary to manually type in the file extension; it will automatically append.
Start by reading and following these instructions:
1. Quickly skim the questions or assignment below and the assignment rubric to help you focus.
2. Read the required chapter(s) of the textbook and any additional recommended resources. Some answers may require you to do additional research on the Internet or in other reference sources. Choose your sources carefully.
3. Consider the course discussions so far and any insights gained from it.
4. Create your Assignment submission and be sure to cite your sources if needed, use APA style as required, and check your spelling.
Assignments are due by midnight on Mondays.
- Select your site for the community educational project.
- Complete and submit the signed (not typed) Community Health Educational Project Permission Form. (if this cannot be completed in the first week, please speak directly with your professor about options). No typed signatures are permitted- the person in charge at the venue you choose to use for your presentation will need to sign the form.
- Practice Hours: each module has a minimum required practice hours related to your work on the main education project. Practice hours relate to time spent on project work (Discussion Board work does not apply). Document your hours for Module 1 in Project Concert. Access Project Concert. You should have an estimated 2 – 3 hours for this module. Minimum required hours must be entered into Project Concert for Module 1. Some states/entities require hour logs for certification or employment. It is the student’s professional responsibility to ensure all hours are entered correctly in order to meet these requirements. Please see the Project Concert directions document in the Learning Materials on how to enter hours.
- Write a short 250-300 word APA formatted paper (include title page, introduction, headings for the body, and conclusion) on: First discuss what your topic is and why you choose that topic related to your community needs. Second discuss why you selected the specific site for your presentation related to your topic and community needs and note where and when (place, date) your presentation will take place. (If you are still working on solidifying the site, discuss your options and what your plans are to get this solidified to be a good fit for your topic and community needs) In this course, in every module assignment or discussion, due to the nature of the assignments, you are permitted to use first person, such as I, We, Me, Us, etc. Please submit the paper above and the permission form into the dropbox- these may be submitted in two files in the dropbox.
M1 Assignment UMBO – 2, 4
M1 Assignment PLG – 2, 5, 7
M1 Assignment CLO – 1, 6