Start by reading and following these instructions:
You are responsible for minimally at least 3 posts for each question in your discussion boards; your initial post and reply to two of your classmates. Your initial post(s) should be your response to the questions posed in the Discussion Question. You should research your answer and cite at least one scholarly source when appropriate, and always use quality writing. The discussion board is never a place to use text language or emoticons. You will also be asked to respond to your classmates. This is designed to enhance the academic discussion around the topic. It is all right to disagree with something posted by another, however your responses should always be thoughtful and respectful and reflect your opinions professionally.
The 2016 NINR five-year strategic plan lists five priority areas for nursing research:
- Enhance health promotion and disease prevention.
- Improve quality of life by managing symptoms of acute and chronic illness.
- Improve palliative and end-of-life care.
- Enhance innovation in science and practice.
- Develop the next generation of nurse scientists.
First, do you agree with the priorities or would you recommend addition or elimination of some of the priorities? Second, describe how these research initiatives can be translated into evidence-based practice in your own work environment.
DQ1 UMBO – 4
DQ1 PLG – 2
DQ1 CLO – 1, 7
When you are ready for the discussion, do the following:
- Click on the discussion link above.
- Start your answer by clicking “Start a New Thread” button with the title of your answer and the body of text following the guidance above.
- To properly post your answer, please click on the “Post” button.
- After posting your contribution, read what others have posted, reply to at least two of those posts, and respond (when appropriate) to those who have responded to you.
To reply to a classmate’s post:
- Click on the title of another student’s post.
- Click “Reply to Thread” and type your response to the student.
- Click the “Post” button to post your reply.