Module 10 Content
Follow the instructions below and the attached rubric closely- I am excited to see your final presentation!
- Incorporate professional values, attitudes, and expectations regarding ageism when caring for older adults.
- Outline the importance of advocating for older adults in the management of their care.
Your supervisor provided some valuable feedback in response to your outline! They are excited to see the PowerPoint slideshow you are creating for your topic’s in-service training. Having developed a number of presentations for in-services, your supervisor offered the following advice:
“When developing a slideshow, it’s important to be mindful of how you layout your content. For an in-service presentation, the slides should present key points, be arranged logically, without extraneous information contributing to a cluttered look. The audience should get a lot of the content from listening to what you say, not just from reading the slides. Using the Speaker Notes feature in PowerPoint is a great way to include relevant details that you want to provide without overloading the slides.”
Your supervisor wants you to work from your outline and prepare a visually appealing PowerPoint slideshow for the in-service presentation. They said it should:
- Have a title slide.
- Contain 6-10 content slides pertaining to the important content areas for your presentation topic.
- Use the Speaker Notes feature in PowerPoint to reduce the amount of text that appears on the slides. (The Speaker Notes will contain the text that will guide what you say while presenting the slides.)
- Be written using proper spelling/grammar.
- Cite at least 2 credible references and present the sources in APA format on a References slide.
For information about creating PowerPoint presentations or adding Speaker Notes, consult the resources below.
- Writing Guide: PowerPoints
- PowerPoint FAQ
- PowerPoint & APA: citing sources and creating reference lists in PPT presentations
- How do I add Speaker Notes to my PowerPoint presentation slides?
Submit your completed assignment to the dropbox below. Please check the Course Calendar for specific due dates.