Start by reading and following these instructions:
You are responsible for minimally at least 3 posts for each question in your discussion boards; your initial post and reply to two of your classmates. Your initial post(s) should be your response to the questions posed in the discussion question. You should research your answer and cite at least one scholarly source when appropriate, and always use quality writing. The discussion board is never a place to use text language or emoticons. You will also be asked to respond to your classmates. This is designed to enhance the academic discussion around the topic. It is all right to disagree with something posted by another, however your responses should always be thoughtful and respectful and reflect your opinions professionally.
Define patient-centeredness in the context of evidence-based practice. Describe barriers to the implementation of patient-centered evidence-based care in your practice environment and share actions that might be taken to alleviate these barriers.
Please also post the article you plan to use for assignment 4 so I can make sure it is an evidence-based / clinical practice guideline. This is OPTIONAL but will help to avoid a re-write of your paper if you do not select the right type of article. You can also email the article to me if you would like.
Your initial posting should be at least 400 words in length and utilize at least one scholarly source other than the textbook. Please reply to at least two classmates. Replies to classmates should be at least 200 words in length.
DQ1 UMBO – 3, 4
DQ1 PLG – 1, 2
DQ1 CLO – 6
When you are ready for the discussion, do the following:
- Click on the discussion link above.
- Start your answer by clicking “Start a New Thread” button with the title of your answer and the body of text following the guidance above.
- To properly post your answer, please click on the “Post” button.
- After posting your contribution, read what others have posted, reply to at least two of those posts, and respond (when appropriate) to those who have responded to you.
To reply to a classmate’s post:
- Click on the title of another student’s post.
- Click “Reply to Thread” and type your response to the student.
- Click the “Post” button to post your reply.