Start by reading and following these instructions:
You are responsible for minimally at least 3 posts for each question in your discussion boards; your initial post and reply to two of your classmates. Your initial post(s) should be your response to the questions posed in the discussion question. You should research your answer and cite at least one scholarly source when appropriate, and always use quality writing. The discussion board is never a place to use text language or emoticons. You will also be asked to respond to your classmates. This is designed to enhance the academic discussion around the topic. It is all right to disagree with something posted by another, however your responses should always be thoughtful and respectful and reflect your opinions professionally.
The Joint Commission determines the highest priority patient safety issues and how best to address them, including as a National Patient Safety Goal (NPSG). Access the Joint Commission website for the most current NPSGs. Select one or more NPSGs and address the following: Explain the rationale for applying the NPSG in nursing practice. Discuss some of the benefits and/or challenges of implementing the NPSG in a health care organization? How does appropriate application of the elements of performance in the NPSG reduce negative patient outcomes?
DQ1 UMBO – 3
DQ1 PLG – 4
DQ1 CLO – 2, 6
When you are ready for the discussion, do the following:
- Click on the discussion link above.
- Start your answer by clicking “Start a New Thread” button with the title of your answer and the body of text following the guidance above.
- To properly post your answer, please click on the “Post” button.
- After posting your contribution, read what others have posted, reply to at least two of those posts, and respond (when appropriate) to those who have responded to you.
To reply to a classmate’s post:
- Click on the title of another student’s post.
- Click “Reply to Thread” and type your response to the student.
- Click the “Post” button to post your reply.