Remember to submit your work following the file naming convention FirstInitial.LastName_M01.docx. For example, J.Smith_M01.docx. Remember that it is not necessary to manually type in the file extension; it will automatically append.
Start by reading and following these instructions:
- Quickly skim the questions or assignment below and the assignment rubric to help you focus.
- Read the required chapter(s) of the textbook and any additional recommended resources. Some answers may require you to do additional research on the Internet or in other reference sources. Choose your sources carefully.
- Consider the course discussions so far and any insights gained from it.
- Create your Assignment submission and be sure to cite your sources if needed, use APA style as required, and check your spelling.
Part 1: Complete Shadow Health: Abdominal Concept Lab, Abdominal Pain Focused Exam, and Shadow Health Abdominal.
Submit your Lab Passes for Abdominal Concept Lab, Abdominal Pain Focused Exam, and Shadow Health Abdominal into the Lab Pass dropbox.
You will complete the exercise above via ShadowHealth© assessment, you may attempt each exercise as often as you would like. Once you have achieved at least 80% for each exercise (which will give you full credit on the lab), please download and save the LabPass document, and upload the PDF documents to the Lab Pass dropbox.
M5 Shadow Health Assignment UMBO – 2, 3
M5 Shadow Health Assignment PLG – 1, 7
M5 Shadow Health Assignment CLO –1, 5
Part 2: Stress and Nursing Practice
Write an 500 word essay addressing each of the following points/questions. Be sure to completely answer all the questions for each bullet point. Separate each section in your paper with a clear heading that allows your professor to know which bullet you are addressing in that section of your paper. Support your ideas with at least two (2) sources in your essay. Make sure to reference the citations using the APA writing style for the essay. The cover page and reference page do not count towards the minimum word amount. Review the rubric criteria for this assignment.
- Describe the case that defined you as a nurse.
- What happened, how were you involved?
- How does this case still affect you and your practice?
- What steps have you taken to overcome the stress of this event? (Remember to protect patient privacy).
- Explain the importance of debriefings.
- If a debriefing would happen in your workplace who would be involved, what would be discussed, who would lead the debriefing, where would it take place?
Length: 500 words
Structure: Include a title page and reference page in APA format. These do not count towards the minimum word count for this assignment. Your essay must include an introduction and a conclusion.
References: Use appropriate APA style in-text citations and references for all resources utilized to answer the questions. A minimum of two (2) scholarly sources are required for this assignment.
Rubric: This assignment uses a rubric for scoring. Please review it as part of your assignment preparation and again prior to submission to ensure you have addressed its criteria at the highest level.
Format: Save your assignment as a Microsoft Word document (.doc or .docx) or a PDF document (.pdf)
File name: Name your saved file according to your first initial, last name, and the assignment number (for example RHall Assignment 1.docx)
M5 Assignment UMBO – 3
M5 Assignment PLG – 1
M5 Assignment CLO – 1, 2