Remember to submit your work following the file naming convention FirstInitial.LastName_M01.docx. For example, J.Smith_M01.docx. Remember that it is not necessary to manually type in the file extension; it will automatically append.
Start by reading and following these instructions:
- Quickly skim the questions or assignment below and the assignment rubric to help you focus.
- Read the required chapter(s) of the textbook and any additional recommended resources. Some answers may require you to do additional research on the Internet or in other reference sources. Choose your sources carefully.
- Consider the course discussions so far and any insights gained from it.
- Create your Assignment submission and be sure to cite your sources if needed, use APA style as required, and check your spelling.
Global Health, Policy, and the Future
This assignment will be a 5 to 7-minute video or audio embedded in a PowerPoint presentation.
In the Learning Materials under Additional Resources Review:
1. National Academies of Sciences, Engineering, and Medicine (2017). Global health and the future role of the United States. -> Review TABLE S-1 Committee Recommendations and Corresponding Actions on page 3 (these come from the global health report and are global recommendations) and the four Priority Areas for Action starting on page 4 that further explain the 14 Recommendations in TABLE S-1.
2. The Sustainable Development Goals (SDG)
*Select and review ONE of the 14 Recommendations OR an SDG that align with your interests or one you feel passionate about that could significantly improve global health.
Consider what steps healthcare professionals can take to advocate for vulnerable people at a global level.
This assignment will require you to create a 5 to 7-minute video or audio recording in a PowerPoint presentation.
Reflect on global issues in healthcare and address the following in your presentation:
- Briefly describe the selected global recommendation or SDG and the identified vulnerable population
- Analyze current healthcare policies that impact your selected global recommendation or SDG
- Explain the reason you selected the global recommendation or SDG and why it is relevant to the vulnerable population.
- Discuss why the global recommendation you selected should be implemented or the SDG you selected should be achieved, including why there should be funding to implement the global recommendation or SDG.
Length: 5 to 7 minute video presentation (mp4 format) with slide presentation
Structure: Include a title, objectives, and reference slides in APA format. Your presentation must include an introduction and a conclusion.
References: Use the appropriate APA style in-text citations and references for all resources utilized to answer the questions. A minimum of three (3) scholarly sources are required for this assignment.
Format: Save your assignment as an mp4 file.
File name: Name your saved file according to your first initial, last name, and the module number (for example, “RHall Module 1.mp4”)
Submission: Submit to the D2L dropbox for grading
M5 Assignment UMBO – 2, 3
M5 Assignment PLG – 4, 5
M5 Assignment CLO – 4, 5, 6