Remember to submit your work following the file naming convention FirstInitial.LastName_M01.docx. For example, J.Smith_M01.docx. Remember that it is not necessary to manually type in the file extension; it will automatically append.
Start by reading and following these instructions:
- Quickly skim the questions or assignment below and the assignment rubric to help you focus.
- Read the required chapter(s) of the textbook and any additional recommended resources. Some answers may require you to do additional research on the Internet or in other reference sources. Choose your sources carefully.
- Consider the course discussions so far and any insights gained from it.
- Create your Assignment submission and be sure to cite your sources if needed, use APA style as required, and check your spelling.
Part 1: Complete Shadow Health: Shadow Health Musculoskeletal and Neurological.
Submit your Lab Pass(s) from the Musculoskeletal and Neurological single-system exams into the Lab Pass dropbox.
You will complete the exercise above via ShadowHealth© assessment, you may attempt each exercise as often as you would like. Once you have achieved at least 80% for each exercise (which will give you full credit on the lab), please download and save the LabPass document, and upload the PDF document(s) to the Lab Pass dropbox.
M6 Shadow Health Assignment UMBO – 2, 3
M6 Shadow Health Assignment PLG – 1, 7
M6 Shadow Health Assignment CLO –1, 5
Part 2: Emergency Plan for the Older Adult (OA)
Based on what you have learned so far in this course, create a PowerPoint presentation that addresses each of the following points/questions. Be sure to completely answer all the questions for each bullet point. Use clear headings that allow your professor to know which bullet you are addressing on the slides in your presentation. Support your content with at least two (2) sources throughout your presentation. Make sure to reference the citations using the APA writing style for the presentation. Include a slide for your references at the end. Follow best practices for PowerPoint presentations related to text size, color, images, effects, wordiness, and multimedia enhancements. Review the rubric criteria for this assignment.
Locate the American Red Cross in your area: http://www.redcross.org/ or in person
- Identify what is necessary for emergency supplies to have on hand for a healthy older adult (OA).
- Visit with an older family member or friend to identify specific needs for this older adult (reasonable for this person).
- Assist the OA in creating their Personal Emergency Plan
- Why is this important for OA singles or couples who live independently without services?
- Title Slide (1 slide)
- Objective Slide (1 slide)
- Necessary Emergency Supplies for OA (1 -2 slides)
- OA Personal Emergency Plan (1-2 slides)
- Importance for Independent OAs (1 slide)
- References (1 slide)
Length: 6-8 slides
Structure: Include a title slide, objective slide, content slides, reference slide in APA format.
References: Use appropriate APA style in-text citations and references for all resources utilized to answer the questions. A minimum of two (2) scholarly sources are required for this assignment.
Rubric: This assignment uses a rubric for scoring. Please review it as part of your assignment preparation and again prior to submission to ensure you have addressed its criteria at the highest level.
Format: Save your assignment as a Microsoft PowerPoint document (.pptx) or a PDF document (.pdf)
File name: Name your saved file according to your first initial, last name, and the assignment number (for example RHall Assignment 1.docx)
M6 Assignment UMBO – 2
M6 Assignment PLG – 5
M6 Assignment CLO – 7