Remember to submit your work following the file naming convention FirstInitial.LastName_M01.docx. For example, J.Smith_M01.docx. Remember that it is not necessary to manually type in the file extension; it will automatically append.
Start by reading and following these instructions:
- Quickly skim the questions or assignment below and the assignment rubric to help you focus.
- Read the required chapter(s) of the textbook and any additional recommended resources. Some answers may require you to do additional research on the Internet or in other reference sources. Choose your sources carefully.
- Consider the course discussions so far and any insights gained from it.
- Create your Assignment submission and be sure to cite your sources if needed, use APA style as required, and check your spelling.
Part 1: Complete Shadow Health: Shadow Health Skin, Hair, and Nails.
Submit your Lab Pass from the Skin, Hair, and Nails single-system exam into the Lab Pass dropbox.
You will complete the exercise above via ShadowHealth© assessment, you may attempt each exercise as often as you would like. Once you have achieved at least 80% for each exercise (which will give you full credit on the lab), please download and save the LabPass document, and upload the PDF document to the Lab Pass dropbox.
M7 Shadow Health Assignment UMBO – 2, 3
M7 Shadow Health Assignment PLG – 1, 7
M7 Shadow Health Assignment CLO –1, 5
Part 2: **Signature Assignment**
Holistic Assessment of the Older Adult
This assignment is a voice over PowerPoint recording of 13-15 minutes.
For the PowerPoint and recorded presentation, create a presentation that addresses each of the following points/questions. Be sure to completely answer all the prompts or questions for each bullet point. Use clear headings that allow your professor to know which bullet you are addressing on the slides in your presentation. Support your content with at least four (4) scholarly sources throughout your presentation, referencing in APA style. Include title and references slides in the presentation. Follow best practices for PowerPoint presentations related to text size, color, images, effects, wordiness, and multimedia enhancements. Ensure that you have permission from your older adult to conduct the health assessment and ensure that they are not identified on the PPT. Review the Signature Assignment rubric criteria for this assignment.
Part 1: Assessment: Choose an adult (65 years or older) friend or relative and perform a holistic health assessment. Clearly discuss your discovered holistic health assessment data. Your assessment should include the following parts for the holistic assessment:
- General Health History
- Physiological Assessment
- Psychological Assessment
- Social Assessment
- Cultural Assessment
- Developmental Assessment
- Spiritual Assessment
Part 2: Interpretation (Abnormality and Coping)
- Choose one abnormality from the data gained in the assessments and discuss possible reasons/causes for the abnormality.
- How does this abnormality impact the other areas of the patient’s life?
- Discuss the client’s stress and coping mechanisms.
- Are they healthy?
- What recommendations and improvements could be made that are individualized for this person?
Part 3: Teaching Plan: Create a teaching plan that addresses the client holistically by applying the assessment data you have analyzed.
- Describe at least one client goal for each of the six categories (each category should have a goal) (physical, psychological, social, cultural, developmental, and spiritual).
- Discuss one strategy per goal you would use to teach your client about each individual goal
- Explain how you will evaluate if your teaching was effective
- Title Slide (1 slide)
- Objective Slide (1 slide)
- General Health History (1slide)
- Physical (1 slide)
- Psychological (1 slide)
- Social (1 slide)
- Cultural (1 slide)
- Developmental (1 slide)
- Spiritual (1 slide)
- Interpretation (Abnormality and Coping)
- Abnormality, Reasons/Causes, Impact on Life (1 slide)
- Stress, Coping, Recommendations (1 slide)
- Teaching Plan
- Physical Goal and Teaching Strategy (1 slide)
- Psychological Goal and Teaching Strategy (1 slide)
- Social Goal and Teaching Strategy (1 slide)
- Cultural Goal and Teaching Strategy (1 slide)
- Developmental Goal and Teaching Strategy (1 slide)
- Spiritual Goal and Teaching Strategy (1 slide)
- Evaluation Plan (1 slide)
- References (1 slide)
Length: PPT of 19-21 slides; Recording 13-15 min
Structure: Include a title slide, objective slide, content slides, and reference slide in APA format. Recording is of PPT slides, with voice only.
References: Use appropriate APA style in-slide citations and references for all resources. A minimum of four (4) scholarly sources are required.
Rubric: This assignment uses a rubric for scoring. Please review it as part of your assignment preparation and again prior to submission to ensure you have addressed its criteria at the highest level.
Format: Save your assignment as an mp4 or share the link to the recording
File name: Name your saved file according to your first initial, last name, and the assignment number (for example RHall Assignment 1.docx)
M7 Assignment UMBO – 1, 2, 3, 5
M7 Assignment PLG – 1, 3, 5, 6
M7 Assignment CLO – 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7