Remember to submit your work following the file naming convention FirstInitial.LastName_M01.docx. For example, J.Smith_M01.docx. Remember that it is not necessary to manually type in the file extension; it will automatically append.
Start by reading and following these instructions:
- Quickly skim the questions or assignment below and the assignment rubric to help you focus.
- Read the required chapter(s) of the textbook and any additional recommended resources. Some answers may require you to do additional research on the Internet or in other reference sources. Choose your sources carefully.
- Consider the course discussions so far and any insights gained from it.
- Create your Assignment submission and be sure to cite your sources if needed, use APA style as required, and check your spelling.
The Future of Healthcare Informatics
Write an essay addressing each of the following points/questions. Be sure to completely answer all the questions for each numbered item. There should be three sections, one for each item number below, as well as the introduction (heading is the title of the essay) and conclusion paragraphs. Separate each section in your paper with a clear heading that allows your professor to know which bullet you are addressing in that section of your paper. Support your ideas with at least three (3) scholarly citations using APA citations in your essay. Make sure to reference the citations using the APA writing style for the essay. The cover page and reference page do not count towards the minimum word amount. Review the rubric criteria for this assignment.
- Identify the current role of the informatics nurse and predict the future role of the informatics nurse, based on scholarly sources.
- Explain what is meant by connected health. Provide three examples of connected health in today’s healthcare environment. Explain the benefits and drawbacks of each.
- In what ways has informatics impacted public health – please provide at least three examples.
Length: 1500 words total for this assignment.
Structure: Include a title page and reference page in APA style. These do not count towards the minimum word amount for this assignment. All APA papers should include an introduction and conclusion.2
References: Use the appropriate APA style in-text citations and references for all resources utilized to answer the questions. Include at least three (3) scholarly sources to support your claims.
Rubric: This assignment uses a rubric for scoring. Please review it as part of your assignment preparation and again prior to submission to ensure you have addressed its criteria at the highest level.
Format: Save your assignment as a Microsoft Word document (.doc or .docx) or a PDF document (.pdf)
Filename: Name your saved file according to your first initial, last name, and the module number (for example, “RHall Module 1.docx”)
M7 Assignment UMBO – 5
M7 Assignment PLG – 3
M7 Assignment CLO – 2, 3, 8