Start by reading and following these instructions:
You are responsible for minimally at least 3 posts for each question in your discussion boards; your initial post and reply to two of your classmates. Your initial post(s) should be your response to the questions posed in the discussion question. You should research your answer and cite at least one scholarly source when appropriate, and always use quality writing. The discussion board is never a place to use text language or emoticons. You will also be asked to respond to your classmates. This is designed to enhance the academic discussion around the topic. It is all right to disagree with something posted by another, however your responses should always be thoughtful and respectful and reflect your opinions professionally.
You have a patient who only has Medicare Part A and B. She has limited income most of which is used to pay for Medicare Part B. She is in dire need of placement into a nursing home as she can no longer care for herself at home. You gleaned from your reading that long-term care needed by low-income elderly people is paid by Medicaid, and you feel your patient meets the criteria. What are the steps you would take to advocate for your patient while she is still in the acute care setting? Who are some of the other health care professionals you would collaborate with to ensure your patient receives the additional healthcare coverage she needs? Analyze the role Medicaid plays in supporting long-term care for the elderly and disabled.
DQ1 UMBO – 3
DQ1 PLG – 4
DQ1 CLO – 5
When you are ready for the discussion, do the following:
- Click on the discussion link above.
- Start your answer by clicking “Start a New Thread” button with the title of your answer and the body of text following the guidance above.
- To properly post your answer, please click on the “Post” button.
- After posting your contribution, read what others have posted, reply to at least two of those posts, and respond (when appropriate) to those who have responded to you.
To reply to a classmate’s post:
- Click on the title of another student’s post.
- Click “Reply to Thread” and type your response to the student.
- Click the “Post” button to post your reply.