I’m studying for my Health & Medical class and need an explanation.
- 1, you will observe and/or participate in ONE dance video from the list below.
- Jazz Warm-Up: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vpCyqJnpqjI
- Creative Movement & Dance – Teaching Strategies: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23ULyr79pCk
- Easy Dance Routine – (Hip Hop Dance Tutorial Ages 5+): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0B1uJGWKxCg
- Creative Movement Lesson 1: (NOTE: music cuts out but concept is great): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zq8w8qBwmWQ
- Creative Movement Lesson 2: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xaXW3wmmNrs
- Fill out and submit this form (typed) and use it as a guide to write a two-page, double-spaced reflection paper.
The Fitness Class:
Date you observed/participated:
Name of class from list above:
Main objective of class:
Description of the Class:
- Write a summary describing the exercises and combinations, along with their progressions during class (For example: class started out basic but quickly moved to an intermediate level which was helpful for students to feel the pace of the class and get warmed up). Please elaborate much more than my example.
- Identify whether or not the teacher had any type of introduction and if so, what was it? (i.e. did he/she take attendance, provide announcements, or explain the purpose of the video)
- Discuss what ways this dance class could be implemented in a P-12 physical education class.
Using bullet points, identify the following teaching methods and strategies:
Teaching Styles (i.e. guided discovery, command/direct instruction, etc…):
Teaching Strategies (i.e. cueing, imagery, assessment techniques):
Accompaniment/Music (i.e. teacher’s techniques, appropriateness for participants, variety of selections):
Organization (i.e. time management, pace of instruction):
Teacher’s Classroom Management Style:
Teacher’s Feedback (i.e. positive, constructive criticism):
Write 3-5 sentences about your overall impressions about the class:
- Write a two-page, double-spaced reflection paper. Choose five items to reflect upon and discuss how it would/would not work in a P-12 setting and how you would change it to make it useful as a future educator. Submit the paper with this outline.