Pediatric Gastrointestinal Question
1. When assessing a pediatric patient for acute gastroenteritis, describe the expected findings associated with this disease process and discuss how these findings differ from an adult with the same disease process. What diagnostic studies would the nurse recommend for a pediatric patient with acute gastroenteritis?
2. Identify the members of the Inter-professional care team for a pediatric patient with cleft lip and palate and describe the role of each member of the team.
3. Compare and contrast acute appendicitis and Meckel’s Diverticulum. How would nursing care management differ between these two disease processes?
4. Compare and contrast the pathophysiology of nephrotic syndrome and acute glomerulonephritis. Identify the laboratory and diagnostic testing and expected findings for nephrotic syndrome verses acute glomerulonephritis.
5. Explain the different techniques for obtaining a urine sample in an infant and toddler. What are the expected lab values for a pediatric urine sample?