For this assignment, you will write a 6-8 page paper expressing your philosophy of ministry; the length requirement pertains to the body of your paper only and does not include the Title Page and Reference Page that will also be required. Each section must be at least 350 words, save for the introduction and conclusion, which will be a minimum of 50 words. This paper will be a culmination of your work throughout this term.
Your paper must include the following:
· Title Page
· Part One: The Meaning of Ministry
· Part Two: The Motives of Ministry
· Part Three: The Essentials of Ministry
· Part Four: The Methods of Ministry
· Reference Page
NOTE: In the following instructions, “your ministry” is not defined as full time vocational ministry, nor is it defined as ministry exclusively in the church. “Your ministry” is defined as anything that you do to the glory of God and for the advancement of the Gospel. Therefore, everyone should answer all the questions.
What is expected in each section:
Part One: The Meaning of Ministry
· How are you preparing for ministry? This should not be a general answer such as, “I am going to school.” Explain more specifically how school is preparing you for ministry. This is only one example.
· How will you continue to grow spiritually as you enter ministry? This must be specific and measurable. As the day to day of ministry becomes more involved, how will you stay faithful to time alone with God? What will your time alone with God look like? What are potential pitfalls for you as you grow in ministry?
Part Two: The Motives of Ministry
· What are your beliefs about the local church? These must be specific.
· What role will the Gospel of Jesus Christ play in your church or ministry? How and when will the Gospel be presented?
· What will you specifically do to help those in your ministry develop the mind of Christ?
Part Three: The Essentials of Ministry
· What do you consider the essentials of ministry and why? You can agree or disagree with the authors.
· How will you specifically incorporate these essentials into your ministry?
Part Four: The Methods of Ministry
· What methods will you incorporate into your ministry and why? You can agree or disagree with the authors of the course textbooks.
· How will you specifically incorporate these methods into your ministry?
1. Follow the formatting guidelines provided for this course.
2. This paper is meant to be written in first person. You may write using “I,” “me,” “my,” etc.
3. You must use at least 2 sources (other than the textbook and the Bible). Be sure that all quotes are properly cited in your paper including any quotes from the textbook. Refer to the plagiarism guidelines for further assistance with this.
4. The 6–8 page length requirement does not include the Title Page and Reference Page.
5. Take care to use proper grammar and read your paper before submission to avoid typographical errors.