Eat all meals alone for 2 days. Try to also engage in physical activity alone for the same 2 days that you eat your meals alone. Compare/contrast this to eating your meals with or engaging in physical activity with another person or other people. Keep a diary and make note of the following:
- How were your food intake and activity affected by social isolation?
- How did you feel eating alone or engaging in physical activity alone?
- What were your mood, appetite, and activity like?
- Why do you think there was a change if any in the type of, quantity, and/or quality of the food when you ate alone or engaged in activity alone?
- How do you think the elderly feel after a spouse dies or if they are left alone?
Submit your answers to the 5 questions above using the Social Impact Blog in module 10. Each answer is worth 3 points. Class participation is worth 5 points. A total of 20 points are possible. To earn the class participation points, students should read other student posts and post at least 2 comments that add to the knowledge posted by another student. Students have two days after the posting due date to earn the class participation points. Demonstrate your depth of knowledge and add your opinion to the topic.