Watch President Trump deliver his Inaugural address (see video below) and then watch President Obama deliver his Inaugural address from 2013 (see video below). For this extra credit assignment student
Watch President Trump deliver his Inaugural address (see video below) and then watch President Obama deliver his Inaugural address from 2013 (see video below). For this extra credit assignment students will do a compare and contrast critique on the following categories:
- Delivery (verbal and nonverbal)
- Content (word choices, literary devices)
- Effectiveness of the presentation/speech (personal opinion of each speaker’s delivery style and effectiveness, must include positive and negative comments for BOTH speakers)
- THIS IS NOT A DEBATE ON POLICIES- ONLY DISCUSS RELEVANT COURSE MATERIALS AND PUBLIC SPEAKING.
- Any other relevant course lessons that you believe are applicable to your analysis and/or comparison
- Please utilize and cite your online textbook.
This is somewhat similar to the outside speech critique but students must compare and contrast the two speeches/speakers.
Points will be assessed on the quality and the content of the paper. Point range will be from 10 to 50 points depending on the detail, vocabulary, and quality of content. No late papers will be accepted.
A brief description of graded content follows:
- Twenty point papers are 1-2 pages and lightly discuss the differences
- Thirty point papers are 2+ pages and are more detailed in the discussion regarding differences
- Forty-Fifty point papers are 3 pages and are thoughtful in their detail regarding the comparison of similarities and differences
- Papers must be typed, double spaced utilizing 12 pt. font in Times New Roman.