Principles of Assessment for RN
Tympanic Membrane and Thyroid Gland
Using the classroom resources or South University Online Library, research the tympanic membrane and the thyroid gland. In a Microsoft Word document of 4-5 pages formatted in APA style, address each of the following criteria.
- Two focused health assessment histories
- One assessment related to the tympanic membrane and the other focused on the thyroid gland.
- The assessments can be hypothetical patients or patients you have had in the past (remember HIPAA if you are describing a previous patient).
- A description of the normal and abnormal findings of the tympanic membrane.
- Information on how to examine the thyroid gland using both the anterior and posterior methods.
- A concise note in the subjective, objective, assessment (be sure to include the NANDA diagnosis as well as the medical diagnosis), and plan (SOAP) format with each patient’s encountered findings.
- Information about laboratory/diagnostic tests used for screening clients with tympanic membrane or thyroid gland issues.
- Include the expected normal results for each test.
INTRODUCTION PAGE AND REFERENCE PAGE SHOULD NOT BE INCLUDED IN THE TOTAL PAGE COUNT.
WILL NEED TO ATTACH “TURNEDITIN” RESULTS !! NO PLAGIARISM OR OTHER STUDENT WORK, WILL BE CHECKED.