500 words (or 2 pages double spaced) of how the knowledge, skills, or theories of this course have been applied, or could be applied, in a practical manner to your current work environment
Use of proper APA formatting and citations. If supporting evidence from outside resources is used those must be properly cited.
Share a personal connection that identifies specific knowledge and theories from this course.
Demonstrate a connection to your current work environment.
Topic is Access Control
Course Objectives/Learner Outcomes:
Upon completion of this course, the student will:
· Identify the types of access control technologies used in a networking environment.
· Implement knowledge-based and biometric authentication.
· Identify knowledge-based and characteristics-based authentication technologies.
· Recognize how single sign-on systems (SSOs), one-time passwords (OTPs), and smart cards are used for authentication
· Determine the appropriate type of authentication to implement in a given enterprise scenario.
· Recognize ways of securing passwords and identify different types of attacks against passwords and password files.
· Select the appropriate access control model for a scenario.
· Determine the most appropriate access control model to implement in a given situation.
· Recognize how different types of access control techniques operate.
· Distinguish between centralized and decentralized access control administration mechanisms.
Identify information detection system (IDS) mechanisms and implementation methods, and recognize various intrusion detection and prevention techniques.
I currently work as an IT Systems Engineer so any IT Workplace Environment can be used as a reference to the paper