https://essaysglobe.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/06/logo-EG.png 0 0 Davis https://essaysglobe.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/06/logo-EG.png Davis2021-02-26 16:03:142021-02-26 16:04:27PSC 601
- What stimuli does Sabatier assert give rise to the study of public policy as a subfield of political science?
- Briefly summarize each of Sabatier’s four policy research area classifications, making reference to the utility (usefulness for problem solving) for each area. For example, how is substantive area research helpful to understanding specific policy problems?
- Which “side” do you come down on. In taking this class, or in your career ambitions, are you decidedly in one camp or the other? Is it possible to be both a policy scholar and a political scientist?
- How does Lindbloom characterize the rational-comprehensive method or “root method” and the successive limited comparisons, or, branch method, to address complex policy problems? Discuss both approaches, why he uses the root-branch metaphor to explain these approaches. (5 points)
- Why is Lindbloom particularly critical of the rational-comprehensive method?
- How does the successive limited comparisons systems approach— “muddling through”— represent a more realistic approach to explaining the public policy process?
- After reviewing it, explain Easton’s systems theory model in your own words. You can and should refer to the diagram above for your explanation. (5 pts)