https://essaysglobe.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/06/logo-EG.png 0 0 Cherop https://essaysglobe.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/06/logo-EG.png Cherop2021-02-17 11:53:262021-02-17 11:54:33public health nurse
"Get Help With Your Essay
public health nurse
As a public health nurse or advanced practice nurse, you will advocate for vulnerable populations. The number of children living in or near poverty increases; often, the only meals children get are in school.
- Read the document below about the 2017 Interim Final Rule for Child Nutrition Programs.
- Since the initial release of the new National School Lunch and National School Breakfast requirements, the USDA has made several allowances based on public comments and reported hardships. The Interim Final Rule (2017) gives flexibility for 3 types of foods or nutrients.
- Then, conduct your own research on the Interim Final Rule.
- The news portrayed the interim rule as a “push-back” or “roll-back.” An internet search for these topics should generate news articles and opinions to review.
- Finally, review the literature that pertains to child nutrition programs published since the USDA regulations were implemented.
Your post for this discussion will focus on the school nutrition regulations in general and at least one of the three nutrients or foods that the 2017 Interim Final Rule addressed.
After conducting your research, answer the following questions:
- What is your opinion about the changes that the USDA has made to the federal school nutrition programs in schools over the past few years (because of the Healthy, Hunger-Free Kids Act of 2010)?
- What is your opinion about the continued flexibility and/or extension of flexibility with these regulations?
- You may comment on one, two, or all three of the foods/nutrients included in this rule.
- What can you do as a consumer and public health nurse to influence child nutrition programs’ regulations?
Your initial post should be at least 400 words and supported with at least one additional scholarly source (no wikis or websites).
Please be sure to validate your opinions and ideas with citations and references in APA format.