Quickly skim the questions
Remember to submit your work following the file naming convention FirstInitial.LastName_M01.docx. For example, J.Smith_M01.docx. Remember that it is not necessary to manually type in the file extension; it will automatically append.
Start by reading and following these instructions:
1. Quickly skim the questions or assignment below and the assignment rubric to help you focus.
2. Read the required chapter(s) of the textbook and any additional recommended resources. Some answers may require you to do additional research on the Internet or in other reference sources. Choose your sources carefully.
3. Consider the discussions and any insights gained from it.
4. Create your Assignment submission and be sure to cite your sources, use APA style as required, check your spelling.
Evidence-Based Practice Guideline
Write a fully developed and detailed APA essay addressing each of the following points/questions. There is no required word count; be sure to completely answer all the questions for each question in detail. Separate each section in your paper with a clear heading that allows your professor to know which bullet you are addressing in that section of your paper. Sources are not required; however, if sources are used make sure to cite using the APA writing style for the essay and complete a reference page. The cover page is required. Review the rubric criteria for this assignment.
Utilize the databases identified in the text to locate an Evidence-Based Practice Guideline, related to your topic identified in Module 1. Perform a rapid critical appraisal of the Evidence-Based Guideline by answering the following questions in APA format. All questions should be answered in detail and explanations offered according to guideline content when applicable.
- Who were the guideline developers?
- Were the developers of the guideline representative of key stakeholders in this specialty (inter-disciplinary)?
- Who funded the guideline development?
- Were any of the guideline developers funded researchers of the reviewed studies?
- Did the team have a valid development strategy?
- Was an explicit (how decisions were made), sensible, and impartial process used to identify, select, and combine evidence?
- Did its developers carry out comprehensive, reproducible literature review within the past 12 months of its publication/revision?
- Were all important options and outcomes considered?
- Is each recommendation in the guideline tagged by the level/strength of evidence upon which it is based and linked to the scientific evidence?
- Do the guidelines make explicit recommendations (reflecting value judgments about the outcomes)?
- Has the guideline been subjected to peer review and testing?
- Is the intent of use provided (i.e. national, regional, local)?
- Are the recommendations clinically relevant?
- Will the recommendations help me in caring for my patients?
- Are the recommendations practical/feasible? Are resources (people and equipment) available?
- Are the recommendations a major variation from current practice? Can the outcomes be measured through standard care?
Be sure to include the database from which the guideline was obtained and please submit a copy of the guideline with your paper.
Your APA formatted paper fully answer each question in complete sentences.
Length: Clearly and fully answer all questions; include database; attach a copy of the guidelineStructure: Include a title page and reference page (if sources were used) in APA format. Your essay must include an introduction and a conclusion.References: Use appropriate APA style in-text citations and references for all resources utilized to answer the questions. No minimum sources are required for this assignment; if sources are used APA format is required.Rubric: This assignment uses a rubric for scoring. Please review it as part of your assignment preparation and again prior to submission to ensure you have addressed its criteria at the highest level.Format: Save your assignment as a Microsoft Word document (.doc or .docx) or a PDF document (.pdf)File name: Name your saved file according to your first initial, last name, and the assignment number (for example, “RHall Assignment